Crema Coffee Products | 51mm Espresso Distributor/Leveler & Hand Tamper
A key variable in making a great shot of espresso is achieving a consistent tamp. Tamping your grounds unevenly, or with too little or too great of a tamping pressure, will cause the water to extract through your grounds inconsistently, resulting in poor quality espresso. Unevenly tamped grounds can cause cracks or channels in the coffee puck during extraction, and tamping too hard or too soft can cause the shot to pull too slow or too fast.
The Crema Coffee Products 51mm Espresso Distributor/Leveler & Hand Tamper is a simple and effective way to remove those variables from the equation. This adjustable coffee distribution tool and tamper ensures even distribution of grounds in your portafilter and provides a uniform tamp, every time.
- Double-sided design: Distributor/Leveler and tamper in one
- Adjustable depth: Set your desired tamping depth for consistent tamping pressure every time
- 51mm size: Designed to work with 51mm portafilter baskets, including Delonghi Dedica, Capresso PRO, and Breville 800 Series
- Heavy-duty construction: Aluminum sleeves and heavy 304 stainless steel base for durability
- Consistent shots every time: Leveling your grounds before tamping creates a uniform and consistent tamp
How It Works
- Load your portafilter basket with the desired amount of freshly ground coffee.
- Retract the distributor side to its shallowest depth and place it on your portafilter, blade side down.
- Gently spin the distributor until your coffee grounds have been evenly distributed and leveled. Adjust the depth if needed.
- Flip the distributor over and extend the tamper (flat side) to its maximum height.
- Tamp your grounds to your desired pressure.
- For consistent tamping every time, adjust the tamper depth to match the depth of the tamp created in the previous step.
- Colour: Silver
- Size: 51mm
- Total weight: 1lb 3oz